Psychological Assessment and Testing
We offer a range of psychological assessment services. Psychological assessments are structured and standardized procedures that provide an objective measure of cognitive, academic, emotional, and/or interpersonal functioning and abilities. Our assessments are tailored to the specific needs of the client or referring provider.
Psychological assessments generally include a detailed interview, administration of psychological tests, and, when indicated, collection of collateral information (e.g. from family members or teachers). Depending on the specific purpose and type of psychological assessment being conducted, the procedure may take as little as a single one-hour session to as long as two or more three-hour sessions.
Some specific types of psychological assessments that we provide include:
- Psycho-educational assessments to diagnose learning disabilities and provide recommendations for teachers and students to maximizing learning.
- ADHD assessments identify the presence of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and develop an appropriate treatment plan.
- Intelligence (I.Q.) testing to identify giftedness.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder assessments
- Presurgical mental health assessment
- Preadoption mental health assessment
- Forensic assessments (competency/sanity assessments)